donderdag 1 oktober 2015

October goals

TU Eindhoven - Wednesday September 30th, 2015

Lately, everything has been a little bit chaotic. I just came back from my holidays in Málaga, went straight to some introduction days, directly traveled to Ghent, had more introduction days and then started my studies. I moved from Utrecht to Eindhoven, as well. Because I wasn't really living a healthy life during summer holidays, I felt tired and just... Blugh. I think the studies are pretty difficult for me at this moment, too. It's all okay, I just thought that I had to get a little bit more structure in my life right now. So I quit rowing, to save some time every week. I've also been setting up some goals for the upcoming month: October. I can't believe we're in the last quarter of 2015, already! It's fall time, and the leaves are turning yellow, orange and red. I love this so much; I think it looks amazing, especially with the nice weather now. Anyways, let's move on to my October goals:

1. More planning


Oh dear, I started off this year in such a messed up way. I had no clue what to do and where to go, didn't have an overview of all of the things I needed to do. Actually, the planning part is improving already. I try to make a daily overview, for a week, and adjust it every day, so it'll stay realistic. Something I've learnt from Masha is: 
1) Write down everything that you need to do
2) Think about the time you'll need for each task
3) Divide your time into those tasks, including breaks, going to the supermarket, etc.
4) After you've finished, mark it with a bright marker

This helps me so much, and you also get more insight on how well your estimation of the time needed is. The only thing that I should do now, is keep doing this, haha.


2. Working out



As I told you before, the last couple of months were not that sporty and full of running, for me. This is one of the reasons why I felt blugh, I couldn't get rid of the tension in my body, couldn't run away the stress. Rowing wasn't satisfying to me, and I didn't like it that much either. I'm really glad that I bought my running shoes. This Monday I ran for the first time, with a girl from uni. She's so lovely and we actually had a pretty good run together. The shoes felt like heaven, of course. Then the day after, I went to the gym that belongs to my university, for a group session of BBB. In Dutch, this is: Buik, Benen, Billen, which means: Stomach/belly, Legs, Butt.  This morning, I went for a run again (took the photo after I finished). So I started off this week quite well, considering sports! The motivation is definitely there; I hope it will release me from some stress, as well.


3. More sleep



I've always been a bad sleeper. I can't sleep on trains, planes, in cars, etc. I need it to be dark and silent. I like to stay up late and can't sleep in very well (except for in Málaga, I know, Norah!). Especially now I've bought a good laptop, it's so tempting to watch an extra episode of a stupid/funny/exciting/whatever series. In my gap year, it wasn't that big of a problem, but being a student at the TU, I need so much more energy. My entire tan from Málaga faded, I look like my old Dutch self again (please take me back to Spain - ugh <3). That's all fine, but I can tell that I lack some sleep.


The goal within this goal is trying to use less social media, especially at night. Oh, I can spend hours on youtube and Instagram at night. Or having a lovely late night conversation on WhatsApp; those are the best... But I miss reading books sometimes. I think I'll sleep a lot better if I read at night, instead of watching videos of cats throwing glasses on the floor or compilations of Obama singing "Can't Feel My Face", by The Weeknd. What do you think? So: more books, especially "La sombra del viento" - Carlos Ruiz Zafón, in Spanish, yes! Less Facebook. We'll see how that goes.


4. One line a day



When I left The Netherlands for three months, to learn Spanish in Málaga, I had a goodbye high tea with my friends. Some of them gave me a lovely little book: 5 years, one line a day. So for five years, you write down a line, a word, or a summary of the day, which reminds me of something you did that day. In this way, you can see what you did, exactly one, two, three, four, five years ago at that day. I think it's amazing. Unfortunately, I've been a little bit lazy keeping it up, so I wrote down a lot on my phone and I'm trying to remember the rest of the days that are missing. After I've updated all of it, I'll try to write something, every night, before I go to sleep. It's also something you could give to your children, when you have them. I love it, so I really need to use it again, properly!


5. Record a song



As some of you may know, I like to sing. In the shower, in my room, in the club, on my bicycle; anywhere and anytime. Until half a year ago, I went to singing classes, as well. It's a bit too expensive for me now, but I still keep on singing. My stepfather and I make music together sometimes; he's playing the guitar and I'll sing with it. We've had plans to record a song together for a while now, but we haven't done it yet. For myself, I use Garageband, to sing along with an instrumental version of a song. In any way, I'd love to record a song this month. Of course, I'll upload it on my YouTube channel. I'm definitely going to do some other videos, too - whenever I've got the time. Stay tuned, people! 


Apart from these goals, I'm going to try to pass my exams, at the end of October. I'd also like to paint my nails more often, start doing my make up differently, at times (I love lipstick and eyeshadow, just don't wear it that much, nowadays). Perhaps I'll find more things to work on, but those can be used for the next month. Don't ask yourself too much at one time!

Lots of love,
Josie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten